If you are a Eligible Hospital or Critical Access Hospital preparing for attestation, what steps can you take to avoid a potential audit? And what do you do if you receive an audit engagement letter? Understand what needs to happen before you attest as well as after if an audit ensues.
The proper documentation and maintenance of records used to support attestation is critical for being prepared for a potential audit. If you are in doubt of your compliance, we can provide an in-depth review and identify gaps and assist in mitigation prior to an audit.
Our team led the very first appeal challenge in the nation for a client hospital that had received a negative audit determination. That appeal was decided in favor of the hospital.
How We Help Hospitals Undergoing a CMS EHR Meaningful Use Audits & Appeals
Our success rate is due to our deep knowledge of the meaningful use audit and appeals process, and includes well-timed processes including:
- Initial phone conference with 24 hours of contact
- Direct communications with hospital personnel to ascertain exact status of current audit
- Immediate review of all relevant hospital and auditor communications
- Development, authoring, and submission of audit/appeal based on best strategy and strongest possible defense
- Assumption of leadership role in every step of the process
If you are a hospital that has received a letter or an electronic communication from Figlozzi and Company on behalf of CMS, or are concerned you may, please contact us by emailing: Inquiry@meaningfuluseaudits.com